ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Akrapovic Titanuim Carbon Can 2011 + Link Pipe  (Read 2520 times)

robbosliding

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
  • Technology Will Triumph Over Skill!!!
Akrapovic Titanuim Carbon Can 2011 + Link Pipe
« on: April 10, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »

mc101

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 93
  • Power is everything
Re: Akrapovic Titanuim Carbon Can 2011 + Link Pipe
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »

Is it the evo can ?  Can you check the internal diameter where the link pipe goes on the can (that's the give away) ...

robbosliding

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »

mc101

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 93
  • Power is everything
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:54:54 PM »

robbosliding

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »

I take it the akra full system is wider than stock. I have listed it on ebay so the pics are on there now. Worth a punt on ebay as ever.....

MOz

• Personal BHP 0
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »

Just out of interest, you mention in the ebay listing that with the baffle in it is 98db.  Is this correct or is it 98db when the e-marked can is attached to the cat on the standard bike?

How loud is it with and without baffle using the de-cat pipe.

I'm trying to sort a deal for an 11 plate 10R but if this can is stupid loud (like the equivalent de-cat shorty was on my S1000RR was) then I'm not that keen.

If a sensible "MOT passing" noise level can be reached baffle fitted then I may well be interested.  Can you advise please Robbo?  Cheers

robbosliding

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »

Ok - with the cat fitted the can produces 98db when fitted with the insert baffle fitted. With link pipe (decatted) without the baffle insert it produces 104db - I have an optional piece of siliencer baffle tube that can extend the insert which only reduces it to 103db. It could be reduced more with some baffle packing if needed say for Donington on a non loud day. The issue with these short cans is they are simply very short and don't kill much noise -the cat does most of that and in the case of your SR1000 the cat does it all, removing the can on one of those changes nothing noise wise, its all in the cat. The can however for MOT purposes does carry an e mark for noise so I doubt you have problems there. I have removed it from my track bike (ie for Donington) and replaced it with an Aluminium Arrow full length can. The ali is thicker than titanium and so kills more sound and the exhaust is longer producing 98db with arrow link pipe. Additionally you should know if you decat the bike with Akrapovic & linkpipe you will need a Power Commander V and the bike setting up on a dyno for best results. My track bike (2011 ZX10R) is now all Arrowed up and complicit with all TDO needs noise wise and my road bike (2011 ZX10R) has a Akrapovic Ti can (same as I am selling) but with cat retained - no set up or PC V required - I suggest your way forward producing 98db and being completely MOT compliant. Suits you Sir.......

MOz

• Personal BHP 0
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 08:29:53 PM »

Cheers for that Robbo.  I was hoping that by some miracle you could have a de-cat pipe with baffled shorty and get somewhere sensible noise levels for potential MOTs and not pissing off the boys in blue.

That said, as the ZX10R cat is easily removed (rather than the Panzers that was part of the downpipes and only removable if you cut it off) then maybe a de-cat pipe and baffled can might be acceptable for general road riding with the cat refitted for MOT, producers etc etc

Is the noise of the unbaffled can fitted to the cat much louder than the standard factory fit can, is the tone more "race can" and could you get away with it for day to day road riding?

robbosliding

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »

Yes, I ride my road bike (with cat) and akra pipe without the baffle fitted - it is not offensive tootling about but is much more throaty than the horrible trumpet that is the OE fitment. You won't have any problems with this set up and it sounds lovely and releases a few horses. Its bang on as described and I have the brand new and unused carbon guard that fits with the cat to hide its ugly presence. PM me your email address and I will send you a picture of it on my road bike as described.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.