ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Club racing at Cadwell last weekend  (Read 3741 times)

10R_fettler

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 7
Club racing at Cadwell last weekend
« on: July 28, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »

Hi, here is my brother on his '05 bike at Cadwell last sunday. He's the highest placed novice in the Auto66 Super 1 class - 5th out of 25 in the championship so far, due to scoring decent points in every race (i have to big him up cos hes my brother LOL :roll:). His first time at cadwell -and first go on this bike- he was doing 1min 55's. Now on his 3rd visit he's doing low 1 min 43's. He thinks he can find 2 or 3 seconds next time and we both think there is maybe another second to be had out of the bike. A sub 1min 40 looks freakin' fast but a few more of those bloody GSXRs need to be beaten!

Shroomer-t

• Rasper
  • Personal BHP 0
Re: Club racing at Cadwell last weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:49:49 PM »

good stuff  :icon_thumright:
RRrrrraaaaaassssspppppp.......

WAZHALO31

• SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 27
  • Kitts Green, Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »

Excellent stuff Fella! :icon_thumright:
]

roy

• *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 133
  • ESSEX
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »

[clap] nice pics mate and thats some good going  :icon_thumright:
green means go so what you waiting for

zx10r bob

• ZX10R Staff
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 208
  • Northwest,,,,,Blackpool
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »

well done fella  :icon_thumright:

keep up the good work

I Did,nt Fall of...the road came up to me and said HELLO.........now i have a new best friend called Mr E Bay..........ill be ba

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »

[clap] nice pics mate and thats some good going  :icon_thumright:

:iamwithstupid:

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

flashart

• Personal BHP 2
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 12:28:38 PM »

Nice pics n nice bike mate, I feel his pain though but remember that a well set up 10 can handle/out handle alot of the newer stuff ;) he thinking of having a bash at any other clubs this year?

mickster

• Personal BHP 0
  • sunny sheffield
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »

i was there as well to watch my mate who's recovering from a bad crash racing the derby pheonix, he won the auto 66 champ last year, but took the kids and her indoors in the car but a stupid woman turned right crossing my lane and wrote my car off ffs :cry:
and then god gave us the zx10

10R_fettler

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 09:41:16 AM »

Nice pics n nice bike mate, I feel his pain though but remember that a well set up 10 can handle/out handle alot of the newer stuff ;) he thinking of having a bash at any other clubs this year?

Thanks and I think you're right.. I have to admit it took me 5 rounds to dial the bike in as it had been perfectly set up for a much lighter rider with 16.5" rims - and then fooled around with I suspect. These have a very narrow sweet spot and Dave's feedback to me is always..ahem..brief!

We will concentrate on this championship 100% this year and then next year Dave wants to join a few clubs inc Derby Phoenex and just race any circuits that take his fancy so he can get some experience under his belt. In 2003 he did 3/4 of a novice season with Derby Phoenix but broke his back at Mallory and had to sell up as he couldnt work for 4 months. Its going a lot better this time round!

Thanks for all your support guys - come and say hello to us if you see us at the races :icon_thumright:

Mickster: f'ing hell..your car was written off..thats bad. I hope the family was ok. There was a bit or carnage out on the circuit that day too. Whats your mate's name btw?

flashart

• Personal BHP 2
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »

Cool, similar'ish to me (but a broken backs a bit worse?) i started in 07 with dp doing quite well in the novice cup (couple of secounds and thirds) then highsided and broke my wrist :( came back last year but only just now properly getting into it again, well if you make it to any north Gloucester meetings come n have a chat I'm normally the only 10 out there :(

mickster

• Personal BHP 0
  • sunny sheffield
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »

fettler his name is Lee wilson from barnsley, black n yellow gixer 1000 he had his first race since breaking two vertabra and cruciate ligaments about 6 weeks ago so was off the pace a little but he's a reg top 4 in derby pheonix
and then god gave us the zx10

10R_fettler

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:20 AM »

fettler his name is Lee wilson from barnsley, black n yellow gixer 1000 he had his first race since breaking two vertabra and cruciate ligaments about 6 weeks ago so was off the pace a little but he's a reg top 4 in derby pheonix

Ahh - I think he has #80 on the front of his bike? He's very quick! I cant beleive how soon he's back racing. Dave only crushed one vertabra but he was bed ridden for nearly 4 weeks. Well, I'm glad hes better and I can only hope we manage to close the gap on him a bit in the remaining races. Say hi from us (#66 David Sigsworth) :icon_thumright: 

10R_fettler

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »

Cool, similar'ish to me (but a broken backs a bit worse?) i started in 07 with dp doing quite well in the novice cup (couple of secounds and thirds) then highsided and broke my wrist :( came back last year but only just now properly getting into it again, well if you make it to any north Gloucester meetings come n have a chat I'm normally the only 10 out there :(

If we are down that area and we see you we will definately say hello. I hope you get back on the pace cos your results before the highside sound great. :headbang:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.