ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Block Off Plates  (Read 2091 times)

horse

• I am a GP wanna be not a
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 216
  • The Shepherd is Here!
Block Off Plates
« on: March 08, 2009, 02:38:24 PM »

Ride Hard! Play Hard!

tony83

• Mr. HAYATE
  • Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 71
  • Windsor - Berkshire
Re: Block Off Plates
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 05:44:17 PM »

//http//: [insert/quote/here]

Gengis

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »

can anyone tell me the advantages of these plates, i run a 07 zx10 with pc3 no cat with ackro's with no baffles and a k&n, what would the difference fitted make? and what is the clean system for emmisions i presume. ps does it put on the fi light
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:14:23 PM by Gengis »

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »

think theyr only for the 04-05 mate  :dontknow:

horse

• I am a GP wanna be not a
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 216
  • The Shepherd is Here!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »

As far as I'm aware will fit 06/07 bikes, here is brief description from American site:

Improved exhaust scavenging.
Better Dyno readings due to more precise Air/Fuel readings.
Minor weight savings. 
A cleaner, less cluttered, engine area. 
Elimination of backfiring with aftermarket or modified exhausts.

Ride Hard! Play Hard!

Gengis

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 0
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »

anything on there about the fi light coming on with the clean disconnected.

truescot

• ZX10R Staff
  • Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 34
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:26:42 PM »

If like me there are other people who don't know what a PAIR valve is or why you would want to block it off i did a little looking around and compiled a few different posts from different sites that tell you what it is why ou may want to block it off and instructions on how to do it on your 10 :)

The pair valve is a valve designed to allow air from the airbox into the exhaust for emissions. Remember, there is zero performance gain with this mod.

one reason for this mod is to stop backfiring(popping) on decel with aftermarket exhausts, another is if you plan on sealing your airbox and probably the best reason is to make it practical to correctly map your A/F ratio if you have any dyno tuning performed.

Oh, and you lose about 1.5 lbs of junk and make a very crowded area on the engine somewhat less cluttered . . .

First remove the rear seat, seat mid panel, front seat, tank, air box cover, air filter, 5 bolts holding airbox onto the throttle bodies, loosen ram air tubes, turn air box 90 degrees and pull out of frame.

Once you have all of this stuff out of the way, you should of have disconnected the air tube on the front left side of the air box. You will need to plug this port with a vacuum plug. I was in a hurry on mine, used some duct tape and over laid it and then used a zip tie to secure it. This was a little overboard, but I did not have time to go to the store to get the vacuum line covers.

Follow the previous said vacuum line forward and you will see a eletrical valve that has a hose that runs between the the top pumper valves in the top of the valve cover. Pull the electrical connection loose and I taped mine up so nothing could get into it. You will not trip any codes from leaving it unhooked. Then pull the hose from each of the pumper valves and either keep this assembly or throw away.

Now there are two of these pumpers on the valve cover, one left and one right. I had to pull the coil in front of the left one to get some room and there is also a wire loom that snaps into the allen bolt on the top of the left one that will be in your way. Pull both of these pumper valves off of the bike.

Once you get them off you can either vacuum cap these also, or like one of my riding buddies did put JB WEld in them to seal them up. The reed valves in them only blow into the motor not out so there is no worry of them blowing the vacuum caps off if you go that route. You could also use a zip tie on them also to secure them, I did the tape thing again due to my time restraints as I was going to dyno my bike and did not have time to go to the store and get the caps.

place the 3 vacum caps on the respective ports and secure. Now reassemble the bike and enjoy your new found mods. You will like this when it comes time to dyno as they are suppossed to plug the KLEEN system in order to get a more accurate A/F reading, it will also cure you decel pop once you get apipe or full system.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 09:39:26 PM by truescot »

tony83

• Mr. HAYATE
  • Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 71
  • Windsor - Berkshire
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

anything on there about the fi light coming on with the clean disconnected.

no fi light for 04-06
08 onwards fi light fix needed...

another thing, for all you motogp wannabes.... any unburnt fuel will no longer pop and bang as it ignites in headers with fresh air provided by these valves, it will instead flame out the end of the can/cans as it meets the air. Think of superbikes/gp before advanced traction control/individual corner via gps engine mapping etc how they used to spit flame on hard decceleration into corners  :icon_thumleft:
//http//: [insert/quote/here]

ZX10R-RACER

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 51
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »

i`ll have a set, can i pay by paypal?

doug_zx10r

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 34
  • Sunny Wirral
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 11:55:18 AM »

I've had them for nearly two years, they replace all the big tubes that stop you getting spanners into the head area, cleans it up nicely.  On  the dyno they don't have to pinch the tubes to stop the air from affecting the gas analyser.  If anything mine backfired a little more with them fitted, but only with the baffles out.

ZX10R-RACER

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 51
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 06:37:08 PM »

Something has just come to mind regards these, remember uk bikes are different to U.S bikes also on the uk bike they have nothing to do with unburnt fuel ect.

As on a UK bike the standard fitted part on the rocker cover only vents oil vapor in to the air box, this has nothing to do with fuel/air.

chriswillis

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
  • Northampton
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »

So what effect will it have on the popping then? More or less popping? Or no popping and just flames( :headbang:)?  I'm confused.  :dontknow:
One life - Live it!

ZX10R-RACER

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 51
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »

i cant see it has any as the stock parts only vent oil vapor in to the air box, this parts have no effect on sound,flames,performance,fuel/air mix

truescot

• ZX10R Staff
  • Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 34
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »

i cant see it has any as the stock parts only vent oil vapor in to the air box, this parts have no effect on sound,flames,performance,fuel/air mix

but doesnt it dump air into the exhaust for emmisions reason, the engine then dumps fuel in the exhaust, air + fuel + heat = pop, as i understand it putting in the blocking plates stops the sir from the airbox going to the exhaust thru the pair valve meaning that the fuel has to travel further in the exhaust till it meets oxygen,

so without blocking plates, popping in the headers, with popping nearer the end can + flames

is that right??

ZX10R-RACER

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 51
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 07:41:03 PM »

no there is no way for it to dump air or fuel into the exhaust,

it is just oil vapor that rises through the plates on top of the cylinder head, then this is stucked into the air box and burnt in the engine, this is part of the reason some modern superbikes use oil.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.