ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Carbon fitted and gave the bike a clean.  (Read 20571 times)

lllN30lll

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 12
  • K7, Gsx-r 1000.
Carbon fitted and gave the bike a clean.
« on: November 15, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »

I'm not one of these who cleans their bikes daily, I prefer to ride it. so spent today giving it a wipe down while I was fitting the carbon.

first off was the new Universal fitting kit from Abba, I was a bit wary using it as it uses just an M8 bolt, but once all tightened it was sturdy as can be. and saves me buying different kits for different bikes I use the stand on.

quick before picture before it begins.

wheel out, paraffin in one of those squirty flower feeder things, done.

paraffin on the wheel, done.

carbon on, wheel fitted :D

front mudguard :D

carbon nom nom nom nom

2007 GSXR 1000, LE 1 of 20 Racefit Mega exhaust,Rear pegs removed,Decal Numberplate mounted against Undertray,Keyless fuel cap,Black powdercoated rearsets,Full length carbon fibre frame protectors,Carbon Hugger,chainguard and mudguard

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
  • Near Chester - NorthWales
Re: Carbon fitted and gave the bike a clean.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »

the carbon stuff looks nice fella  :icon_thumright:

Manic636

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 63
  • I've been gixxered
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 11:10:36 PM »

looking good especially now its been cleaned (did you hear the bike sigh whilst you washed it??  ;-)

lllN30lll

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 12
  • K7, Gsx-r 1000.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 11:49:28 PM »

looking good especially now its been cleaned (did you hear the bike sigh whilst you washed it??  ;-)
I think it was dissapointed, it prefers to be ridden rather than cleaned  [rofl]
2007 GSXR 1000, LE 1 of 20 Racefit Mega exhaust,Rear pegs removed,Decal Numberplate mounted against Undertray,Keyless fuel cap,Black powdercoated rearsets,Full length carbon fibre frame protectors,Carbon Hugger,chainguard and mudguard

Black10R

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 17
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

That carbon might not look so good the next time you ride, it if you don't wipe some of that fikiin paraffin off the back tyre matey  :icon_thumleft:

lllN30lll

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 12
  • K7, Gsx-r 1000.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »

That carbon might not look so good the next time you ride, it if you don't wipe some of that fikiin paraffin off the back tyre matey  :icon_thumleft:
gave it all a wash after, didn't get much on  :hello2:

Black10R

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 17
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »

gave it all a wash after, didn't get much on  :hello2:

Good lad  :tongue3:

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »

looking good there fella  :headbang:
Ride it like you stole it - or at least try

ZX10R-RACER

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 51
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:52 PM »

cool  :icon_thumleft: but i can hear your chain crying out for a good lubing. :tongue3:

lllN30lll

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 12
  • K7, Gsx-r 1000.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »

cool  :icon_thumleft: but i can hear your chain crying out for a good lubing. :tongue3:

done that too  [rofl]

lllN30lll

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 12
  • K7, Gsx-r 1000.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:35:31 PM »

update

Reading this months fastbikes mag i'd seen their project 600. some nice carbon bits on it which included the full fairing.

noticed how well the carbon swingarm protectors mated with the carbon hugger so ordered me a set.

120 quid :D that's for the item, shipping+vat included. Ordered it Monday night, and arrived Thursday morning.

result = not bad... not perfect but still, for 120 quid delivered I can't complain. there's a very minor mark that you can't see unless you really look hard, and one side piece was made from 2 pieces of carbon, you can make out where the weave crosses. but, no biggy.

These were from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/mss1a not sure if i'll order from them again, but that depends if they make any parts that no other people make. IMO Pro-fiber and Tyga are still the best.

So this weekend I've got to fit the Stebel Nautilus, HRC reservoir kit, and the swingarm protectors. and somehow stop my heels from rubbing the paint off the rear master cylinder lol

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
  • Near Chester - NorthWales
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »

looks like you have a serious case of carbonextraitus  :icon_thumright:

lllN30lll

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 12
  • K7, Gsx-r 1000.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 10:07:12 PM »

it's like Pringles, once you pop, you just can't stop  [rofl]

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 03:42:58 PM »

it's like Pringles, once you pop, you just can't stop  [rofl]

[rofl] [rofl] nice one  :icon_thumright:

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

lllN30lll

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 12
  • K7, Gsx-r 1000.
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 08:32:23 PM »

*nudge*

got as far as this tonight. hope you like the stubby brake reservoir.

might look speccled, as I gave it a quick washdown to remove any excess brake fluid etc.

will be leaving the clamps and duct tape on until tomorrow, then need to paint the master cylinder, and swap which way the heel plate, master cylinder, and rearset are mounted so as not to keep rubbing the paint off the master cylinder. then need to test some plugs to fill the pillion peg holes, and apply the other side of the swingarm protectors. and fit the stebel nautilus.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.