ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where would you like to go to today?  (Read 1690 times)

mongo

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 10
Where would you like to go to today?
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:40:49 PM »

Had a fantastic trip to the south of spain (Granada) Through the pyrnees and then back up and through the europas in northern spain, absolutely fantastic. 4000 Road miles done on back roads in 9 days with roads like this:

You just cant beat it, 40 degrees C in southern spain and over 32 in the north. I wish i was back there already  :hello2:

EXJ10R

• SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 234
Re: Where would you like to go to today?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »

Nice one mongo  :icon_thumright: always nice to do something worthwhile on a bike other than sunday mornings and trackdays, hats off to ya, something  to inspire us to do thats within our reach  than circumnavigate the globe on big traillies  :lol: Pics look great  :icon_thumleft:
aprilia RSV4

mongo

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 10
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »

Nice one mongo  :icon_thumright: always nice to do something worthwhile on a bike other than sunday mornings and trackdays, hats off to ya, something  to inspire us to do thats within our reach  than circumnavigate the globe on big traillies  :lol: Pics look great  :icon_thumleft:

I done round the coast of scotland a couple of years ago, but that was on my R1, the ten now has 12k on it in 17 months ownership and its been off the road for over 5 weeks sitting at the dealers cos of the damn o2 sensors (now with pc3 fitted and de-cat / k&n filter and tuned at YPE).

I searched on here for a good bag to get, and the bags connection one that came recommended on here was absolutely fantastic, i didnt even bother fitting the original tail unit as my tail tidy had nice connectors on it instead of the reg plate holder ones and was closer to the bolts! The bag was awesome and despite it saying has only been tested to 80mph, you can add a fair few +mph's onto that figure.

Because of averaging around 450 miles a day, i cant say that my ass or my wrists are sore at all, while it may be comfier on a different kind of bike, it was still very good fun on the ten. Now she is on 12k the engine feels nice and loose and always wants to lift the front wheel off the deck on the power.

I didn't believe there was so many towns called "San Pedro" in spain though, its hiliarious, we went through about 3 of them within an hour.

I can highly recommend getting away on the bikes and enjoy the stunning roads and scenery abroad, it was just fantastic, i wish i was back there! I thought i was daring in jeans and t-shirts until a local pedro blasts past you on his tourer wearing shorts and no t shirt and flip flops  [rofl]

fastzx10r

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 52
  • hertfordshire
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »

very very nive mongo,something i've always wanted to do but as of yet still hav'nt,now i have read this i must get it sorted for next year  :icon_thumright: :headbang: :headbang:

r1ninja

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 269
  • Salisbury Plain
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »

Good effort mate, a good move not taking a tank bag, i hate em

www.r1forum.co.uk

No-one needs more than seven fifty

Si-10R

• aka 900RR
  • ZX10R Staff
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 176
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:07:53 PM »

Now that looks fookin awesome  :headbang:  :icon_thumleft:

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »

totaly mint mate, i just done a 500 mile a day trip and i wouldnt of wanted to do it on anyother bike , but the fookin tank bag needed lobbin after the first day, that tail pack looks the business what make is it.  :icon_thumright:

NinjaPaul

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »

zx10r bob

• ZX10R Staff
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 208
  • Northwest,,,,,Blackpool
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »

FOOK me now that is what you call a ride out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well done fella and have a bhp.............. :tongue3:

I Did,nt Fall of...the road came up to me and said HELLO.........now i have a new best friend called Mr E Bay..........ill be ba
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.