ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 08 zx10r from road to track  (Read 15264 times)

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
Re: 08 zx10r from road to track
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »

I have fitted the pc111 from my 07. Spoke to dynojet and they are the same but there are no o2 eliminators available yet. Not sure which crescent it was i rang them today and they can do runs on a saturday but the dyno man is away now untill the 19th july. i think it was in Dorset thats why i chose them ( i did try JHS first but they can only do it on a weekday.

mr K seems to have given me 50hp to much!!! but i think i can manage. O K maybe with a bit  more practice !!

deej

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 5
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 10:40:38 PM »

looks very good mate and nice to hear tom and phil are looking after you,top blokes in there.

what colour are you painting the panels, did you know that kenny @ ace motorcycles in bude has a fully operational dynapro thats getting very very good reviews  :icon_thumleft:
you can practice,practice,practice but you'll never beat me

Shotgun

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 34
  • southampton
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 10:52:55 PM »

That will be Cresent Suzuki at verwood then mate its just outside Ringwood.Its where they run the BSB team from,you can sit upstairs and look down into the  workshops working on the race bikes if they are not away. If you do use them and get bored of looking at suzukis i'm 15 mins up the road, welcome for a brew if i,m in :icon_thumright:

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 11:16:17 PM »

looks very good mate and nice to hear tom and phil are looking after you,top blokes in there.

what colour are you painting the panels, did you know that kenny @ ace motorcycles in bude has a fully operational dynapro thats getting very very good reviews  :icon_thumleft:

Thats wherei am going tomorrow mate to run it in  :icon_thumleft:

mr K seems to have given me 50hp to much!!! but i think i can manage. O K maybe with a bit  more practice !!

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

Well took it in to ACE motorcycles in bude today for the run in.
It was the first time the bike had been started so i let it get up to temp then shut it off and let it cool back to -- on the clock. Did this a couple of times and then strapped in on the dyno Kenny let me ride the bike to save a couple quid by not using his time (sat morns are hectic for him)
 Spent what seemed like an hour just going up and down the revs in 4th gear. It felt like i had been on it for ages but a glance the speedo showed 27 miles  :-(  The mechanics looked a bit pissed at the noise the full Akrapovic system was making so i shut it down and let the fans on the dyno cool it back to -- on the clocks again.

I was like a kid wanting to know what the 08 would pushout and even though kenny said i was welcome to do the full power run i waited for him as the computer is set up for the guy sat on the bike to use.

I really did not know what to expect as the pc111 was loaded with the custom map from my 07 !!  And as kenny warmed it up i was begining to wonder if all this hassle was going to be worth it.
Any way with the bike warm kenny went for it..... 5th gear hooked he pinned it to the stop it sounded awesome as it climbed the revs, then at 9 grand it just had a fit, It spat and coughed and spluttered like it was running on carbs with the choke on  :shock: It eventually cleared it's throat and reved out making 169.6.

My initial thought was the pc111 was well out for this bike but kenny was not so sure. The Air fuel was good and the power curve (other than the flat line at 9 grand) was still healthy. So under kenny's advice we went for it again without changing anything.

This time it sailed round to the 12750 rpm redline and sounded awesome. Peak power was an impressive 172bhp with torque coming in at 79. something. 

This is the most powerfull production bike kenny has done on the dyno  :headbang: The most powerfull being a tuned gsxr 1000 k4 lump that had been tuned for a sidecar outfit.

He advised me not to do the custom map for now untill the bike is properly ran in but expects to see around the 175bhp mark when it's all finished.   

Here is a few pics of the bike outside. It's in for paint on tuesday and i still can't decide the  colour  :dontknow:

fastzx10r

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 52
  • hertfordshire
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »

i must say i was having second thoughts about turning my 08 into a race bike again but you have now made my mind up,that bike looks the bollocks mate,thanks for taking the pics from the rear,it looks fooking fantastic,roll on tuesday,then off to padded cell for a all black spray job, :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
  • Near Chester - NorthWales
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 12:33:55 AM »

sounds good Kev  :icon_thumright:

did you say Bude  [whistle]  I often go on hol there and will be there in a few weeks at Upper Lynestone for me hols  :headbang:

never seen a bike anything anywhere around though  :icon_scratch:

Chrisblack10r

• Global Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 172
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »

gopher, where did you get the system from dude? how much was it?

cheers buddy

Volkswagen Master Technician with an 08 zx10r with 181.4 BHP at the back wheel hahaha!!!!!

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 02:39:44 PM »

Chrisblack10r

• Global Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 172
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »

Volkswagen Master Technician with an 08 zx10r with 181.4 BHP at the back wheel hahaha!!!!!

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »

06/07 pc111 will fit mate. They have not made any o2 eliminators yet though  :icon_thumleft:

magic1

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 57
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »

Hey Gopher whats the crack? Think i must have missed some posts. Are you going racing, or is it a very posh trackbike?

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »

That will be Cresent Suzuki at verwood then mate its just outside Ringwood.Its where they run the BSB team from,you can sit upstairs and look down into the  workshops working on the race bikes if they are not away. If you do use them and get bored of looking at suzukis i'm 15 mins up the road, welcome for a brew if i,m in :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the offer mate  :icon_thumleft:

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »

Magic i was offered a good deal from Irelands to change my bike so i bit the bullet and went for it   :icon_thumleft:

As for race bike i hope so but the money i have just spent has kinda fooked that up at the mo. Will hopefully get a round or 2 of motogrande in before the end of the year if my 07 sells.

And as for posh considering the amount of ex BSB and superstock bikes kicking around mine is almost standard mate  :-(

magic1

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 57
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2008, 09:33:02 PM »

Yeah but ex race bikes with tuned engines need a lot of maintenance, standard o8 10r don,t . That,s posh. :tongue3:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.