ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having fun at Snetterton  (Read 2693 times)

mc101

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 93
  • Power is everything
Having fun at Snetterton
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »

Weather was awesome and the fast group had 10 riders in it -- including my brother and I !!!

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Having fun at Snetterton
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

Looking good mate  :icon_thumright:

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »

what times ya doing then mark any quick on the R1 than the ten  :icon_thumright:

looking good fella
Ride it like you stole it - or at least try

mc101

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 93
  • Power is everything
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »

what times ya doing then mark any quick on the R1 than the ten  :icon_thumright:

looking good fella

1.16/1.17 actually, now I've found my feet with it .. I'm pretty much spot on where I was with the 10R.  I'm thinking that the 10R and I did 50 days on track and the R1 is about 6 so theres plenty of familiarity to come.  It feels very different under you though -- much more neutral and generally less front end biased - taken me a bit of time to get used to it but I think we are there now ;-)

Power wise, its quite a bit stronger in the mid range - combo of motor and gearing and it holds its torque and bhp all the way to its 13K redline -- almost perfectly flat at 172bhp.  It hooks up on the rear better than the 10R did -- feels more like a 600 -- although I'm told thats because it have the full comp shock and not the WP trackday shock -- that will help alot I'm told.  When it does slide/spin-up its much less leary(lary?) than the 10R was - more progressive overalll again that could be shock related -- but the overall geometry is more neutral than the 10R so probably a combo of them both.

As snetterton was so quiet I had a bit of practice braking into the left hander after the Revett straight -- its normally too busy to practice things but I was stunned to find I could pull the R1 up (and probably the 10R) quite easily from 75m closer to the apex than I do normally  !  Did not put into practice much but it just goes to show how much "comfort" zone is built into my riding !

Looking good mate  :icon_thumright:
Dave

Cheers Dave ...

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 07:29:05 PM »

As snetterton was so quiet I had a bit of practice braking into the left hander after the Revett straight -- its normally too busy to practice things but I was stunned to find I could pull the R1 up (and probably the 10R) quite easily from 75m closer to the apex than I do normally  !  Did not put into practice much but it just goes to show how much "comfort" zone is built into my riding !

Crikey, that's a fair bit closer...tell you what mate, am dead envious - I'm sat out here in Angola hankering to do another trackday, but also caught on the do I or don't I thing as I'm trying to sell my gixxer  [wall]

Dave

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »

nice one Mark , so I got my work cut out then ..... must get better all round  :emb:

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »

1.16/1.17 actually, now I've found my feet with it .. I'm pretty much spot on where I was with the 10R.  I'm thinking that the 10R and I did 50 days on track and the R1 is about 6 so theres plenty of familiarity to come.  It feels very different under you though -- much more neutral and generally less front end biased - taken me a bit of time to get used to it but I think we are there now ;-)

Just been on Motoforum and Andy W. is doing 1.08's and is 21st on the grid... :shock:

http://www.motoforum.net/index.php?showtopic=28128&hl=

Dave

mc101

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 93
  • Power is everything
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »

Just been on Motoforum and Andy W. is doing 1.08's and is 21st on the grid... :shock:

http://www.motoforum.net/index.php?showtopic=28128&hl=

Dave

The bummer is 0.5 seconds and he'd be 7th or 8th !  Very close race tomorrow I think!

Having spent alot of time on track with Andy, he goes for the brakes so unfeasbility late its  frankly f*cking scary !

mc101

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 93
  • Power is everything
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »

Crikey, that's a fair bit closer...tell you what mate, am dead envious - I'm sat out here in Angola hankering to do another trackday, but also caught on the do I or don't I thing as I'm trying to sell my gixxer  [wall]

Dave

You thinking of giving them up all together Dave ?

Book something in the South (Brands, Snetterton, Silverstone, Donington) and I'll find the time to come along and have a larf with you dude :-)

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 07:50:57 PM »

No mate, going down a bracket. Not getting on too well with the gixxer and I keep trying to ride it like a 600  :tongue3:

Will do - probably be Snetterton/Silverstone  :icon_thumright: If Silverstone is ok for you, what about Rockingham?

Dave

mc101

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 93
  • Power is everything
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »

No mate, going down a bracket. Not getting on too well with the gixxer and I keep trying to ride it like a 600  :tongue3:

Will do - probably be Snetterton/Silverstone  :icon_thumright: If Silverstone is ok for you, what about Rockingham?

Dave

Silverstone or Snetterton are both v.good for me ... I find Rockingham a bit dull if I'm honest - difficult to stretch a 1000 ;-)

If I do Silverstone, I normally crash over in the TLodge at Towcester ...  Maybe we can get Glen out of his armchair !!

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 07:56:42 PM »

Ok it'll probably be Snetterton in September, as I am going all out this time to get shot of the gixxer...unless I can pry a bike off someone I know  ;-)

Dave

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »

Dave

Silverstone or Snetterton are both v.good for me ... I find Rockingham a bit dull if I'm honest - difficult to stretch a 1000 ;-)

If I do Silverstone, I normally crash over in the TLodge at Towcester ...  Maybe we can get Glen out of his armchair !!

yeah once anglesey is out the way i'll be looking for summit else to hone the skills .... won;t be fooking crashing again thats for sure .... bloody dingle dell  [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.