ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensed to Steal  (Read 1028 times)

MajicKwak

• ZX10R Staff
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 205
Licensed to Steal
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:47:35 PM »

The Home Office is bringing forward legislation giving burglars statutory rights of entry

For some time senior Home Office civil servants have been concerned at householders "have a go" cases such as Norfolk farmer Tony Martin. Concern has centred on injuries incurred by burglars whilst committing their crimes, under moves to be introduced this May burglars will be given legal powers of entry to domestic & business premises.

A pilot scheme led by Lambeth social services has been in action for just over 2 years, social worker Tristram Rogers co-ordinated the scheme. According to Tristram "Matters came to a head when we had a spate of injuries amongst burglars. Two received broken noses at the hands of enraged householders, one cuts after climbing in through a broken window whilst another broke his ankle climbing a fence carrying a stolen TV. The four received nearly a quarter of a million pounds for the injuries and trauma suffered. We contacted the Home Office, plus a delegation of senior burglars and after a strategy meeting in Tahiti, decided the most appropriate solution was to give burglars legal powers of entry. Under the scheme burglars can apply to local magistrates for entry powers, if the applicant can display a track record of burglary and provide character references as to their dishonesty then entry rights are normally granted"

Burglar Dwain Dixon, 19 was one of the earliest licensed burglars, Dwain gives the scheme the thumbs up "This idea's f***king smashing, before it was always a risk turning a place over, I once got chased by this german shepherd and had to dump the video I was nicking, I tried to sue the householder but he'd fled to the Costa del Victim. Now I can just walk up to a place, flash my id card - then I'm in. If I get any trouble I'm able to call on police backup."

A Home Office spokesman admitted the controversial scheme wouldn't be universally welcome, however he defended the scheme on the grounds of health & safety, claiming it would reduce risk for both burglar & victim. It is believed the scheme won't extend to the homes of politicians, Home Office or social services staff.

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!

I hate people who take drugs... Customs men for example...

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Licensed to Steal
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:54:32 PM »

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »

yeah imagine it in a petition on the net to be stopped very soon  [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
Ride it like you stole it - or at least try

panhead

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 3
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 02:45:23 PM »

Nice one. What worries me though is, this is just the stupid thing that our wonderful do gooding politically correct leaders are likely to come up with for real! A couple of years back I caught a little s**t trying to get in my car. I chased and cornered him, the wife called Plod. Give Plod their due, they arrived in about 3 mins, but all they were interested in was did I hit or even touch the thieving little s**t. Luckily I hadnt or I would have had my collar felt for protecting my property. Now if he had been trying to nick my bike, I would have decapitated the little s**t and sod the consequences!!   :angry5:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.