ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Internals or whole hog  (Read 2778 times)

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
Internals or whole hog
« on: October 09, 2007, 04:35:55 PM »

mr K seems to have given me 50hp to much!!! but i think i can manage. O K maybe with a bit  more practice !!

Wh|t3R@bb|t

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 138
  • Nr Chester, North West....Cheeeeshire!
Re: Internals or whole hog
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:43:56 PM »

Do maxton make front forks ?

mr K seems to have given me 50hp to much!!! but i think i can manage. O K maybe with a bit  more practice !!

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »

dude you can make yours almost identicle to the Road/Race forks... just buy the 25mm internals.... they are the same as the valves used in the r&t forks....

if you really wanted to waste ya money like that just keep watching motoforum and a set of gas fork with come up for the price of new R&T forks and are worth that sort of money....

I think for trackday usage anything more than the 20mm internals are over kill..... just get you arse over too www.mhracing.com Mark will sort you out and was slightly cheaper than the k tech... and my eyes ohlins is better than k tech but thats just me  :icon_thumleft:
Ride it like you stole it - or at least try

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 05:39:58 PM »

the R&T forks will be better than 20mm revalve yes.... but roughly the same as a 25mm internal revalve..... the only different from the R&T forks and the 25mm internals is that the R&T will look more bling and be slightly lighter than the std fork tubes....

Keiron has the R&T forks so you can PM him for his opinion on how they work... he has had k techs before too  :icon_thumleft:

still think you should hunt on motoforum for some gas forks ..... big bling  :headbang:

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
  • Near Chester - NorthWales
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »

Do maxton make front forks ?

not that I'm aware of,

here's some info from their site

MODERN FORK CONVERSIONS
At Maxton we believe that in most cases there is no need to change the forks for expensive aftermarket items such as Ohlins or WP. There is always a good set-up in the original equipment, it just needs setting up correctly. Our fork conversions consist of two processes, a re-spring and a re-valve to suit your rider weight and - just as important - bike usage such as racing, fast road riding, carrying a passenger, track days, touring etc. The re-valve is a modification to the damping mechanism to suit the spring rate which allows you to use the correct weight oil so that the oil system is metered correctly. The conversion consists of a complete strip down and service, so we replace seals and also bushes if needed. In some cases there is too much clearance between the "original equipment" bushes and the stanchion, so we machine new bushes to reduce the clearance and stop the seals blowing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:25:07 PM by Andy J »

pat

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 43
  • That there London
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 10:59:36 PM »

supergirl

• SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 100
  • Yogi's Mistress
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 11:07:18 PM »

MODERN FORK CONVERSIONS
At Maxton we believe that in most cases there is no need to change the forks for expensive aftermarket items such as Ohlins or WP. There is always a good set-up in the original equipment, it just needs setting up correctly. Our fork conversions consist of two processes, a re-spring and a re-valve to suit your rider weight and - just as important - bike usage such as racing, fast road riding, carrying a passenger, track days, touring etc. The re-valve is a modification to the damping mechanism to suit the spring rate which allows you to use the correct weight oil so that the oil system is metered correctly. The conversion consists of a complete strip down and service, so we replace seals and also bushes if needed. In some cases there is too much clearance between the "original equipment" bushes and the stanchion, so we machine new bushes to reduce the clearance and stop the seals blowing.

MY EYES MY EYES
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:25:26 PM by Andy J »
the race is long and in the end, its only against yourself...

Jim996

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 42
  • 2004 ZX-10 Race Bike, Ducati 996 Road bike
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »

Wh|t3R@bb|t

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 138
  • Nr Chester, North West....Cheeeeshire!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »

MODERN FORK CONVERSIONS

MY EYES MY EYES

Yeah I know, but come on...that was from the guy with pink wheels!  [whistle]

Love ya really Andy  :tongue3:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:25:44 PM by Andy J »

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
  • Near Chester - NorthWales
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »

:-*

Ok I'll change the colour  [whistle]

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

OK OK OK i have booked in on the 10th to have a 20mm k-tech kit fitted :icon_thumright:  What is being said here is exactly what the pro's say so thanks for the advise me dears....... P S with the change from not having the R & T forks i am hoping to go to cartagena for 4 days in december with focused........ Well i have to test the new suspenders eh  :tongue3:

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 07:42:14 PM »

I don't love you anymore  [naughty] and you closer to mhracing than K tech as well  [wall]

all I can say is  :pottytrain2: :tongue3:

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

gopher

• ZX10R Staff
  • SuperBike Superstar
  • Personal BHP 156
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »

I don't love you anymore  [naughty] and you closer to mhracing than K tech as well  [wall]

all I can say is  :pottytrain2: :tongue3:

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

[rofl]   Having it done at mallory mate my mate is having his done aswell, Thought that way we would have something to do i.e watch the bikes go round n round and also go into rencullen and spend even more money :icon_thumright:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.