ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I really want to discuss the elephant in the room right now !!!!  (Read 2237 times)

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-

Bike Prices ....

so I have been without a bike for a while because well no point so sold at the start of this debarcle .... anyway I am wanting to get something and with my thinking i bought an r1 for like 2 and bit K .. so i was thinking 5k would be a decent ish modern bike for example the bigbang r1 was 10k ish new in 2010 right ... ten years later will be worth 5k

all historical valuations are right out the window .... due to shortages and do to new bike proces being so high its driven older bike prices up ...

Not that you can compare a 2009 ish bike to a 2021 model .... a 2009 bike has pretty much zero aids and fancy electronics .. its a bike and some power and you own control .... so you can understand all these gizmos cost money ..... but doesn't mean that a 2009/2010 bike is worth nearly what it was new with like 20-30k miles on it

so peoples thoughts ... and also where can I find decent second hand bikes ... trusted dealers please
so many yeee haaaa's out there  :whip2:
Ride it like you stole it - or at least try

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
Re: I really want to discuss the elephant in the room right now !!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 07:11:20 PM »

Welcome back, my tuppence worth, i'm not so sure that bikes are selling for the inflated asking prices people are posting but i don't see many obvious good value bikes just now either. I am convinced there is no such things as trusted dealers when it comes to second hand there is only so many checks and inspections a bike can be given, and nobody is flawless so i view it as dealers to avoid, and take your chances but expect a glitch or 2 especially as the stock of second hand bikes is now older than ever.

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 10:58:36 PM »

Welcome back, my tuppence worth, i'm not so sure that bikes are selling for the inflated asking prices people are posting but i don't see many obvious good value bikes just now either. I am convinced there is no such things as trusted dealers when it comes to second hand there is only so many checks and inspections a bike can be given, and nobody is flawless so i view it as dealers to avoid, and take your chances but expect a glitch or 2 especially as the stock of second hand bikes is now older than ever.

Some very valid points for sure

I have been following a couple if sites and bikes to seem to be going pretty quick from them though

Would love to get a brand new bike , but I just don’t ride anywhere near as much as I used to to justify spending 10-15k on a bike

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 09:51:22 AM »

Pretty spot on that. The likes of FB marketplace too, it seems there is no price bracketing for different bikes and people are just putting silly prices on and then these are being accepted!

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 08:45:34 AM »

Its pretty mad , I know they are getting a classic now but I have seen gen 1 R1 selling for 5-6 grand with 40k on the clock , madness

will maybe wait till the reset comes... surely after this lockdown measures stop after June (if they do) then we are surely going to see what happens with the economy and the inflation either settles or shows what prices will be like moving forward

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 14 queries.