ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Scotland  (Read 4120 times)

Steve C

• Personal BHP 0
Hello from Scotland
« on: December 28, 2018, 11:59:45 AM »

Hi,
Just got my 1st ZX10r, a 2016 KRT version.
Only planning on running it on track as I stopped riding on the roads 10 years ago.
Last few years raced a SV650 in the Scottish supertwin class and a few races with No Limits down south.
Decided this year to give the racing a miss and just do track days which brought about my first ever purchase of a Kwak. Never ridden one before so hoping I gel with it as last big bike I had was in 2014 and was a 2012 Blade. Hated it and sold it 6 months later. Before that it was Gsxr's which I loved.
Hoping to pick up some useful info on here about ZX10's and contribute wherever I can.

Steve C

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Hello from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 01:38:47 PM »

Hello mate and welcome  :occasion14:

There's loads of info on here and some knowledgeable people too.

Whereabouts in Scotland?

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »

Hi mate, and welcome, like all other bikes the set up is crucial too your experience. Where abouts is the set up just now? My feeling is if it's only going to be a few track days you may struggle to get a good set up, I would consider speaking to a pro at the track to get a good starting point. It would be money well spent I think.

Steve C

• Personal BHP 0
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »

Hello mate and welcome  :occasion14:

There's loads of info on here and some knowledgeable people too.

Whereabouts in Scotland?

Dave

Hi Dave,

living in the southside of Glasgow.

Steve C

• Personal BHP 0
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 05:04:11 PM »

Hi mate, and welcome, like all other bikes the set up is crucial too your experience. Where abouts is the set up just now? My feeling is if it's only going to be a few track days you may struggle to get a good set up, I would consider speaking to a pro at the track to get a good starting point. It would be money well spent I think.

Got a Maxton on the rear and Maxton internals up front, hoping I'm only going to have to change the springs as I'm slightly larger than the last owner :D

Jak

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 22
  • Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »

Hah, misspent a lot of my youth on the south side of Glasgow , even went to school there!

Now happily defected to the far south west  B-)

Interesting what you said about the Blade, I'm not quite sure what it is, but I've been distinctly underwhelmed by every Blade I ever rode  :icon_scratch:
Welcome aboard  :hello2:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 17 queries.