ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hm quickshifter  (Read 6978 times)

rab

• Marshall
  • Personal BHP 3
hm quickshifter
« on: December 20, 2015, 10:36:52 AM »

anyone used one are they any good heard stories of gearboxs getting wrecked with them?

Luwi Kawasaki

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
Re: hm quickshifter
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 11:00:13 AM »

I have the HM quickshifter plus SS fitted on mine with no issues. Just make sure the kill time is no lower than 70 on a standard gearbox.

I think a couple of lads on here have had issues with HM superlight quickshifter.

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »

Most reports are good but iv had 2 back to back problems with the HM SS, they both played up and eventually failed all together on my bike when the strain gauges got a good soaking,  first one was exchanged after i gave them the benefit of doubt but when the second failed as well i got a refund, its good advice with .7 of a sec kill time but i wont be buying another HM ever. There's a divided camp on whether the Translogic is better or not i don't know. Im fitting the woolich system as it comes with there tuning box.

stupot

• *VIP*
  • Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 3
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 03:34:42 PM »

Im torn between the HM or the Woolich, I will probably using the Woolich Software for the ECU but Im reluctant on the Shifter because it will be locked to the ECU via the Racetools software, there will be no second hand value if you ever decide to swap bike in the future.
Here's the code:
[

morganjac

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 3
  • ponty, south wales
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »

Hm quickshifters are quality, best value for the money
Ive had translogic, dynojet etc
but for me HM everytime, currently got the ss fitted on my 10
 :icon_thumleft:

Mad Matt

• Marshall
  • Personal BHP 0
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 05:12:57 PM »

As I've stated on the other forum Rab I've had nothing but trouble using both the HM Plus and SS damaging 3 gearboxes.

I now use the Translogic and have had no more issues..

As you can see there are guy's here that like them and have had great success with them so its down to you buddy...

rab

• Marshall
  • Personal BHP 3
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 04:18:20 PM »

thanks for replys guys yes matt never got one got a pcv off tdr forum 120 quid going to get that on and get it dynoed think thats a better plan  :hello2:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 14 queries.