ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gen 4 race bike, ex BSStock and Spanish CEV bike  (Read 1500 times)

arch stanton

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
Gen 4 race bike, ex BSStock and Spanish CEV bike
« on: December 18, 2015, 07:38:11 PM »

I'm contemplating selling my ZX, it hardly got any usage this season and looking at when I can get leave for next season it looks like I'm only going to get a max of 3 meetings next season too.
Full spec and pics can be supplied on request but a brief resume is BSS spec plus big race rad (it did a round or two of the spanish CEV stocks- still got CEV scruting stickers on the frame), Ktech front and rear with some spare springs, only used 3 times since last refresh, spare wheels, new uncrashed CRC fairing which has been hydro dipped in carbon fibre, looks ace. A few spares. Would be looking at 10 1/2K or I'll probably keep for a couple of seasons longer.

arch stanton

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
Re: Gen 4 race bike, ex BSStock and Spanish CEV bike
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 10:30:08 PM »

a pic of the bike this season. Ask for more, most of the files are too big to post up

arch stanton

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
Re: Gen 4 race bike, ex BSStock and Spanish CEV bike
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 09:05:54 PM »

Full details, will try it on ebay later in the month

I am considering selling my ZX10r race bike. The only reason being that I only managed three race meetings last season and will only be able to do three more this season so don't want it languishing unused in my garage.
It is an ex BSB/CEV superstock bike with extras. It was raced by Mark Quelch's team in both BSB superstock and the Spanish CEV superstock classes (it still has CEV scrutineering stickers on the frame).
It was bought under the Kawasaki race purchase scheme, I have the original frame that was crashed and broken showing the frame number, and the bike now has a new factory blank frame (no issues with scrutineering ever).
Nice healthy stock motor with 195bhp last dyno run. It is always run with quality oil (I will provide a couple of 4l bottles of Castrol fully synth in the sale) as I am on the Silkolene racer scheme so get cheaper oil and have a mate who is sponsored by Castrol so I get his unused leftovers so I can really afford to put new oil in every time out as I'm swimming in the stuff!!
Big race radiator, very handy for the occasional hot day or if you go abroad for trackdays.
If the asking price is paid it, the bike will come with a Brembo billet master cylinder and stock (with fancy lever) as a spare. The billet brembos are lots better than the cast ones and fully sort the braking issues some people have with these bikes.
It has Ktech DDS front and rear suspension that was refreshed by Pete Clifford last winter and only used at three race meetings (no track/test days). Spare springs come with it too, very easy to change springs.
Ohlins re-valved steering damper.
Race alloy air intake and clock bracket plus damaged/repaired OEM one.
New last season and still uncrashed CRC full fairing and seat unit that has been hydro-graphic'd in carbon fibre. Will come with standard and 2x double bubble race screens.
If the listed price is paid the bike will come with Brembo billet master cylinder plus standard MC with fancy lever. The billet master cylinder is lots better than the normal cast Brembos and completely eliminates the issues some have with the stock setup.
Comes with a spare clutch pack
spare throttle cables
Spare wheels with Dunlop wets.
Dunlop slicks on the dry wheels (both sets of wheels would benefit from a powder coat as they are scuffed from quick trackside tyre changes)
520 race chain with spare sprockets
The usual clipons and rearsets you'd expect on a race bike.
Quickshifter
K&N air filter
Standard headers with MHP link pipe and both a MHP big (quiet) exhaust can, although it has an arrow sticker on it, and an MHO tapered can. The tapered can has been crashed and repaired.
Very tidy rain light in the rear seat unit with remote handlebar switch.
Quick release fuel cap,
QA throttle
Brake and clutch lever guards
Renthal grips
Uprated TRW discs on the dry wheels, standard on the wets
Top of the range TRW pads and part worn spares (as good as brembo Z04s)
Captive spacers on all sets of wheels
All lock-wired as per ACU requirements.
It's a pretty tidy bike but as it is a race bike, there are scuffs from boots and other wear marks etc but there is nothing stopping this from going straight into another season of racing.
May be tempted into a px for something different, a proper 2t racers like a recent/tidy RS/TZ250, ducati race bike, tempt me!
Bike is located about 20 mins or so from Oulton Park

More pics on request

Price =£11000

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.