ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Next year new bike ?  (Read 36000 times)

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
Re: Next year new bike ?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 07:09:44 PM »

Chappo I've had ape v4 great engine and sound , sexiest looking bike ever , but the aprilia back up and customer service is absolutely shite ! It's non existent when something goes wrong, + there are very few good dealers , I ended up going to rockets for my work they are the best in my opinion! 
Just for example a common problem was the tank deforms , it took a year to finally get sorted , 2 months for a sticker, 2 months + for a gearbox issue , etc etc , I did keep telling myself it was a bike with character and it was all about character building  :dontknow:

Which model did you have mate, ?

That's my trouble the dealer is bloody miles away, Kawasaki and Yamaha dealers I probably have 4-5 within a 15 min ride,  :icon_thumright:

rab

• Marshall
  • Personal BHP 3
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 07:11:10 PM »

rsv4 would be my choice chappo its won fast bikes test last 4 years must be good

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »

rsv4 would be my choice chappo its won fast bikes test last 4 years must be good

Stunning machine Rab,

Best looking bike out there by miles, just wish I had a dealer close to me if I did I think I would have already got one,

bricrewe

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 07:41:53 PM »

big money though the aprilla.. put ya name down for an r1m

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »

Chappo I had the tuono v4 aprc with full factory spec and rsv4 back end , carbon ohlins , the quick shifter was the best I've ever had though  :icon_thumleft:

BladeRR8

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 02:04:24 AM »

Rsv4 looks, sounds and rides amazing.

I test rode one last year before buying the ten. I would have one in a heart beat ......but.

There is always a but. Reliability issues and the crappest dealer back up ever are pretty dam big BUTS.
Had 2 mates have new or nearly new rsv4's and both sold up as continously had problems and were continously being let down by main dealers. The bikes spent all summer (4  and 6 months) in dealers instead of being ridden.

I would go for the 60th Anniversary R1 in the King Kenny Yellow speed block colour scheme.

Stunning looking, sounding and performing bike that is reliable with a good dealer network 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:06:19 AM by BladeRR8 »

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 09:03:21 AM »

big money though the aprilla.. put ya name down for an r1m

both the same money aint tha £18,000, the R1M is nice just a bit plain looking I prefer the R1 in blue tbh over the R1M,

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 09:07:56 AM »

Rsv4 looks, sounds and rides amazing.

I test rode one last year before buying the ten. I would have one in a heart beat ......but.

There is always a but. Reliability issues and the crappest dealer back up ever are pretty dam big BUTS.
Had 2 mates have new or nearly new rsv4's and both sold up as continously had problems and were continously being let down by main dealers. The bikes spent all summer (4  and 6 months) in dealers instead of being ridden.

I would go for the 60th Anniversary R1 in the King Kenny Yellow speed block colour scheme.

Stunning looking, sounding and performing bike that is reliable with a good dealer network

that is my only doubt with the RSV4 reliability, I don't think the new ones are as bad reading the reviews some give it 5 stars,  :dontknow:

but like you say there is still that but in the back of my mind,

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 09:29:41 AM »

In my opinion today the R1 is it! But I really believe the Gen 5 is gonna be it you should just think for a moment how good a 10 it will be with the same WSB spec as the RSV & 1000R R1 B-)

BladeRR8

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 05:17:55 AM »

It's a question of whether you can live with the worry.

It's not just the fact things go wrong it's Aprilla and there dealer network are shocking at looking after customers.

If they looked after owners and rectified problems quickly it wouldnt be anywhere near as bad imo. But being honest my mate had his bike for about 3 weeks in 6 months last year as constantly back and too to the dealers.

On one warranty claim which was a thrown conrod so it was expensive and they weren't going to pay out. The reason they gave was because it had a none standard ecu. My mate had done nothing to the ecu so really did some digging around and turns out the dealer who had it waiting for the warranty claim to be approved had swapped his ecu with another bike as they need one quickly and had none available from stock or Italy. Not only did they not ask his permission they didn't even tell him and nearly cost him a new engine as the warranty claim was going to be rejected.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:34:21 AM by BladeRR8 »

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 08:32:52 AM »

:shock: it's a fact you cannot trust Italians, there products & there associates.

rab

• Marshall
  • Personal BHP 3
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 02:34:38 PM »

is smart the new r1

Luwi Kawasaki

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 04:26:13 PM »

The yellow R1 is stunning, but wait till the details and spec of new 10R are released before parting money.

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 07:01:10 PM »

The yellow R1 is stunning, but wait till the details and spec of new 10R are released before parting money.

It might be hard but I'm going to try mate  :icon_thumright:

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »

you think the yellow one is sex [rofl] [rofl]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 18 queries.