ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hotbodies Undertail - 16/07 its on!  (Read 3949 times)

GreenyZX10R

• The Green Machine
  • Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 4
Hotbodies Undertail - 16/07 its on!
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »

I ordered a Hotbodies undertail about 5 weeks ago and it's finally arrived. The build quality isn't brilliant but I'll reserve judgement until it's fitted. Here are a couple of pictures

Don't think I'll be using their number plate brackets as you can see they don't match so the plate will never line up
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:36:25 PM by GreenyZX10R »

Pewters

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 18
Re: Hotbodies Undertail
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:30:11 PM »

Make sure you strengthen the mounting points before fitting as the guys in the U.S. all day the quality is shocking but looks good fitted.

GreenyZX10R

• The Green Machine
  • Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 4
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 01:44:07 PM »

Do you know how the mounting points have been strengthened?

Sissymc7

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 0
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:25:27 PM »

Was about to buy one of these or Taylor made one , very interested on your feed back greeny .

GreenyZX10R

• The Green Machine
  • Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 4
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »

I'll give a full review once it's fitted. The only problem I'm foreseeing is mounting the registration number so it's still visible (as visible as a 6x4 plate can be) and doesn't catch on the back tyre when the suspension compresses but I have a couple of ideas.

Pewters

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 18
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:00:36 PM »

Do you know how the mounting points have been strengthened?

I don't sorry mate....have a search over on zx10.net

GreenyZX10R

• The Green Machine
  • Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 4
Re: Hotbodies Undertail now fitted.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 07:23:26 PM »

So I've finally got the Hotbodies undertail tail tidy fitted. I have to say the overall build quality is not to good. I had to get the Dremel out to get it to fit somewhere close but that said once it is on and fitted It is pretty sturdy and I really like the overall look. It took about 2 hours to fit and another 2 hours of fettling to get it to fit straight and soldering all the connections and fitting some resistors to keep the flash speed correct on the LED indicators. The only major hassle I had was getting the registration number to fit without catching on the rear tyre. I bought a 6x4 aluminium plate after trying a few cardboard templates to see what I could get away with. The supplied plastic brackets can be used both ways round, so you can either have the plate vertical just in front the highest part of the tyre or have it at an angle facing more upwards. I plumped for the latter, but with the supplied plastic brackets that couldn't be bent it didn't leave enough clearance in the correct location for the number plate LED light, so I had to use some steel shelf brackets that I have in the garage. Once I'd got it on and bent the brackets so it seemed to have enough clearance and the plate was still visible I went for a ride, but after bending the plate twice I realised a re-think was in order. I have now mounted the plate much closer to the rear of the bike which has now fixed the problem, but the plate is no longer illuminated by the LED. I've been out all day today and been airborne once LOL and it hasn't caught so i'm assuming it clears.
 Heres the pictures with it in the original location.

and the aftermath :(

and relocated (with no clearance issues, new plate on its way)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:33:13 PM by GreenyZX10R »

MR2Brett

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
  • Hampshire Bordon
Re: Hotbodies Undertail - 16/07 its on!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 08:20:33 PM »

Looking good. Shame you had to find out the hard way on where to locate the number plate :shock:

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
Re: Hotbodies Undertail - 16/07 its on!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 08:56:48 AM »

Yes looking good mate,  :icon_thumright:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 21 queries.