ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: ZX10R Gen 4 big spec project,  (Read 91419 times)

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
Re: My bikes back with new mods
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 09:42:30 PM »

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:49 PM »

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »

And finally its chappo on his lovely cycle !!!!!! Is there something you'd like to tell us chappo ?????????  [rofl]

TinRibs

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 2
  • North West
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 10:21:35 PM »

Very nice Chappo, a credit to you mate.
Don't just save her for rainy days though  :lol:
2014 ZX10R

BladeRR8

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »

Stunning bike chappo, very nice indeed.

Do the rearsets use the OEM brake light switch as I can't see a banjo pressure switch fitted on the rear master cylinder.

Also that hugger looks awesome does it cover the opening in the back of the swingarm. I want one that covers the lower opening to stop crud getting throw on the rear shock.

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 07:36:53 AM »

And finally its chappo on his lovely cycle !!!!!! Is there something you'd like to tell us chappo ?????????  [rofl]

lol, proud moment for me to get shakey to sit on my bike, sad I know but im a big fan,  :emb:

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 07:41:36 AM »

it also has the 520 Tsubaki race chain and Renthal sprockets,

-1 tooth front and +1 tooth rear,  [rofl]    not ridden her yet but looking forward to it.

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »

Stunning bike chappo, very nice indeed.

Do the rearsets use the OEM brake light switch as I can't see a banjo pressure switch fitted on the rear master cylinder.

Also that hugger looks awesome does it cover the opening in the back of the swingarm. I want one that covers the lower opening to stop crud getting throw on the rear shock.

Cheers mate,

I'm not sure on the rear brake will have a look later and let you know,

Will send some pics so you can see, not quite sure what you mean,  :dontknow:

I love the rear hugger not seen another zx10r with one, don't like the little OEM ones, it's like an old school large style from the earlier models,  :icon_thumright:

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 02:00:19 PM »

Thats turning out to be a lovely 10  [clap] [clap] [clap]

BladeRR8

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 04:03:08 PM »

Sorry Chappo I probably didn't explain myself very well.

Most OEM rearset have a little micro switch which is connected to the brake lever by a small spring, so when you press on the brake lever with your foot the switch is activated and the rear brake light comes on. When your foot is removed from the brake lever the spring returns the lever back to its original position, the switch then reverts back to its original open circuit position and the brake light goes off.

Most aftermarket rearsets do not have this facility to use the oem brake light switch as they are primarily designed for race use so a brake light and subsequently a brake light switch is not needed. To get round this lack of brake switch when using aftermarket rearsets on a road bike you fit a different bolt through the banjo fitting located at the master cylinder. This different bolt has a pressure switch built into it that is connected to the brake light, so when pressure is built up in the hydraulic brake line the switch is made and the brake light comes on. Reversely when pressure is relieved by removing you foot from the brake lever the pressure switch goes open circuit and the brake light goes out.

Looking at your photo I cannot see a pressure switch bolt holding the banjo fitting to the master cylinder therefore I'm  assuming your particular aftermarker rearset design utilise's the original design of a micro switch connected to the lever by a spring. This arrangement in aftermarket rearsets is rare and the only model of rearset I know which incorporates the original micro switch design is the Gilles VCR.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:09:54 PM by BladeRR8 »

BladeRR8

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »

Forgot to ask what make of hugger is it ? Is it akrapovic ?

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »

Sorry Chappo I probably didn't explain myself very well.

Most OEM rearset have a little micro switch which is connected to the brake lever by a small spring, so when you press on the brake lever with your foot the switch is activated and the rear brake light comes on. When your foot is removed from the brake lever the spring returns the lever back to its original position, the switch then reverts back to its original open circuit position and the brake light goes off.

Most aftermarket rearsets do not have this facility to use the oem brake light switch as they are primarily designed for race use so a brake light and subsequently a brake light switch is not needed. To get round this lack of brake switch when using aftermarket rearsets on a road bike you fit a different bolt through the banjo fitting located at the master cylinder. This different bolt has a pressure switch built into it that is connected to the brake light, so when pressure is built up in the hydraulic brake line the switch is made and the brake light comes on. Reversely when pressure is relieved by removing you foot from the brake lever the pressure switch goes open circuit and the brake light goes out.

Looking at your photo I cannot see a pressure switch bolt holding the banjo fitting to the master cylinder therefore I'm  assuming your particular aftermarker rearset design utilise's the original design of a micro switch connected to the lever by a spring. This arrangement in aftermarket rearsets is rare and the only model of rearset I know which incorporates the original micro switch design is the Gilles VCR.

Cheers for that but it was the rear hugger question that I wasn't sure on lol,
Right just checked started the bike ( god it smells nice in the house ) the rear brake does work mate and yes it is operated with the spring underneath, so no need for a banjo thingy,  :icon_thumright:

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »

Forgot to ask what make of hugger is it ? Is it akrapovic ?

Have you looked on the Akrapovic site to try and find it ? Lol

morganjac

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 3
  • ponty, south wales
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »

Looking good mate fair play,
You got some real bling on there
There is something about carbon fiber very nice  [clap]  :icon_thumright:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 14 queries.