ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dont like leaving things til last minute but  (Read 2812 times)

arch stanton

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
dont like leaving things til last minute but
« on: April 01, 2014, 08:16:46 PM »

only just finished prepping the new zedex, not ridden her yet but racing at oulton at the weekend. Who needs good luck will planning like mine.

bricrewe

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
Re: dont like leaving things til last minute but
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »

Sweet... might try pop down weekend.

arch stanton

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 09:10:15 PM »

if you let me know before friday i can try and sort a ticket

Kev

Chappo

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 8
  • Leicester.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 01:51:46 PM »

Good luck with the race,  :icon_thumright:

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:31:41 PM »

Looks good  :icon_thumright:

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

Kaos Theory

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 19
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »

Looks good, how did she go for ya?

arch stanton

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 08:07:35 PM »

not without problems but nothing too major. I 'did' the test day on friday, missed the first four sessions as the clutch was seized. Because the bike hadn't gone anywhere under its own power since the last round of the Spanish CEV last year, the inner 5 clutch plates had seized together so it took me a while to suss the problem and change the clutch pack. I did 2 very steady laps in the next session then back in to check all was OK. 3 laps in the next session before it was red flagged then 5 laps in the last session of the day. The quickest time was a 1:48'07 in traffic so not bad considering. (3 secs off my fastest though).
Race day was fine ish. Race 1 (powerbikes) I made the wrong choice of wets so slithered round to a 11th place

I missed qualifying for the Open as we changed to dry tyres just before going out but the rear caliper/pads were being complete dicks and not going/staying where they were supposed to.

The powerbikes final started badly, the traction and antiwheelie decided that it didnt want me to do a race start and cut power to 5k revs so I was 11th on the grid but came out of turn 1 in 27th. Managed to get back up to 11th.

I started the Open from the back of the grid as I hadnt set a time in qualy. Normally a bit of a prob but now made worse by Oulton having 3 bikes per row so p40 was about 140metres behind p1. A better start and some ruthless overtakes saw me trundling over the line in tenth.

My times wont be good as I ddnt get a clear lap all raceday and was pretty much always held up by people who were quite a bit slower than I'd normally like to go. Oh and the springs were too soft so we had to run max preload front and rear and still bottomed the front on the brakes. The suspension mods to accommodate the soft springs also induced a bit of chatter in the fast bends that wasnt ideal but nothing too serious.

So all in I was pretty happy with how it went, even though 11th and 10th isnt normally where I'd like to be finishing. Roll on the next meeting with some stiffer fat boy springs in :-)

bricrewe

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »

I see u got a mention in the guardian

I ended up working so didnt come down

arch stanton

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 1
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »

did i? There used to be a local journo when i lived in warrington who regularly put things in the rag. I'll have a look.

I'm hoping to go to the hottrax meeting at anglesey end of may if you can make that fella. Hopefully will have the suspension sorted by then and hopefully will have had a test at darley too

Jak

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 22
  • Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 09:36:57 AM »

Good write up, keep em coming  :icon_thumleft:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.