ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 200mph Club  (Read 39007 times)

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
Re: 200mph Club
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2015, 05:47:00 PM »

Looking forward to seeing the results on the dyno
If i get + 25BHP then i will be very happy :icon_thumright: That would be 195 on the wheel :-P
How about a little bet Richard.......i propose if i get +25BHP or more you give me the Dyno time for free if it doesn't produce +25 BHP i forfeit my members discount  :occasion14::occasion14:  & pay full dyno rates

If you get that I will be very happy, I don't think its going to be that much but would like to be proved wrong, aim for a small number then anything above will make you happy lol, torque should show a big leap though. Either way its going to be a great motor.

ZX10Rich

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 6
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2015, 06:16:29 PM »

If i get + 25BHP then i will be very happy :icon_thumright: That would be 195 on the wheel :-P
How about a little bet Richard.......i propose if i get +25BHP or more you give me the Dyno time for free if it doesn't produce +25 BHP i forfeit my members discount  :occasion14::occasion14:  & pay full dyno rates

If you get that I will be very happy, I don't think its going to be that much but would like to be proved wrong, aim for a small number then anything above will make you happy lol, torque should show a big leap though. Either way its going to be a great motor.

lol if it gets close to making 25 extra I'm sure i can make it read less on the dyno ( heat the dyno room, let some air out the tyres, or just do you a print out of someone else bike) mmm sounds like a deal lol
To be honest mate i would love to see it make 25 extra but thats a big ask, I'm sure it will be a absolute animal and a totally different bike but how a bike performs on the dyno isn't the whole truth as you found out with the ecu and full maps, not a massive difference on the dyno but big difference on the road, that 25 extra on the dyno would be insane difference on the road, I'm going to say 10-18 extra although you have got a nice cold winter on your side now for a few extra ponys.
RK Performance Parts - for all your service, performance parts and Dyno setups - Whitecroft, Gloucestershire - 01594 562097 - Rich@RKPerformanceParts.com

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2015, 06:41:01 PM »

lol if it gets close to making 25 extra I'm sure i can make it read less on the dyno ( heat the dyno room, let some air out the tyres, or just do you a print out of someone else bike) mmm sounds like a deal lol
To be honest mate i would love to see it make 25 extra but thats a big ask, I'm sure it will be a absolute animal and a totally different bike but how a bike performs on the dyno isn't the whole truth as you found out with the ecu and full maps, not a massive difference on the dyno but big difference on the road, that 25 extra on the dyno would be insane difference on the road, I'm going to say 10-18 extra although you have got a nice cold winter on your side now for a few extra ponys.
mmmmm i reckon i need independent witnesses anybody up for a cup of tea & bacon sarnie down at RK Performance one Saturday morning :glasses9: :glasses9:

MR2Brett

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
  • Hampshire Bordon
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2015, 08:17:59 PM »

If it were closer I'd be there! Looking forward to seeing the results. [clap]

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

Right then, Saturday finally after delay after delay, the crankcase had been delayed by 3 weeks the head  by 2 weeks, & then the gasket was 2 weeks late which turned out to be the wrong one so took another fortnight. Dealing with all these folks over in the US wasn't easy. So previously my lovely with a flash K&N race filter simmi system gave 169.31 BHP & 77.69 torque going back on the same dyno at ZX10Rich business RK Performance with a +2mm bore, properly ported head, re-machined for +1mm valves, JE High Compression Pistons, lightened balanced & knife edged crankshaft, balanced rods, Kent Cams, Arrow full system, all new big & little end shells & main journal shells, ceramic transmission bearings. I was being cautious with a standard depth head gasket & stock timing rather than dialling the cams in for now with the plan to break her in on dyno using the motoman method. Rich did this then we changed the oil to a semi so rich could get on & re-map her so she then made a credible 195.48 with an extra 8 torque :shock: I could not be happier knowing that in 500 miles I would remove the head to check the bore & then drop the head & dial in the cams I believe 200BHP Is possible. A true 25BHP to date on a new engine is remarkable. When some of you have posted I will write the rest of the story.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:23:40 AM by michael4012 »

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »

Right then, Saturday finally after delay after delay, the crankcase had been delayed by 3 weeks the head  by 2 weeks, & then the gasket was 2 weeks late which turned out to be the wrong one so took another fortnight. Dealing with all these folks over in the US wasn't easy. So previously my lovely with a flash K&N race filter simmi system gave 169.31 BHP & 77.69 torque going back on the same dyno at ZX10Rich business RK Performance with a +2mm bore, properly ported head, re-machined for +1mm valves, JE High Compression Pistons, lightened balanced & knife edged crankshaft, balanced rods, Kent Cams, Arrow full system, all new big & little end shells & main journal shells, ceramic transmission bearings. I was being cautious with a standard depth head gasket & stock timing rather than dialling the cams in for now with the plan to break her in on dyno using the motoman method. Rich did this then we changed the oil to a semi so rich could get on & re-map her so she then made a credible 195.48 with an extra 8 torque :shock: I could not be happier knowing that in 500 miles I would remove the head to check the bore & then drop the head & dial in the cams I believe 200BHP Is possible. A true 25BHP to date on a new engine is remarkable. When some of you have posted I will write the rest of the story.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:27:59 AM by michael4012 »

ZedThou

• Mini Moto Madmad
  • Personal BHP 10
  • Bristol
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »

Well done, very impressive, all credit to for coming back from your previous disaster and getting such impressive figures from a Gen 3.  Look forward to seeing the final figures after it is all dialled in.  What's the torque output?  I won't ask what it's cost as I think it might give me nightmares

michael4012

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2015, 06:17:41 AM »

Well done, very impressive, all credit to for coming back from your previous disaster and getting such impressive figures from a Gen 3.  Look forward to seeing the final figures after it is all dialled in.  What's the torque output?  I won't ask what it's cost as I think it might give me nightmares
Thanks Zed the torque is upto a usable 85.15 :icon_thumright: Cost in total including sealants oil's gaskets & some extra tools (clutch holder, generator removal tool etc) shipping costs added up as well with import duties. Total £3600.00 including the Arrow full system. There is a need to mention how much the free advice & guidance from ZX10Rich would have cost :shock: He even called me at 10pm one night when i was struggling [clap] [clap] [clap] But the man is truly passionate about what he does :icon_thumright:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:19:13 AM by michael4012 »

MR2Brett

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
  • Hampshire Bordon
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »

Well done [clap] [clap] [clap]
Great figures especially the torque, it must pull and pull and pull!!!
Looking forward to the overall results.
When's your next attempt to do the 200mph you set out for?

ukzx10r

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 13
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2015, 09:01:06 AM »

I had lower gearing on my gen 1 and downhill it just went over the 199mph limit on the clocks.
That said to do that you need a long wide open straight road which means you dont get much sensation of speed other than the wind.
Infact its a little boring.
The main reason im not a fan of silverstone!
Gen4/5 hybrid
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 19 queries.