ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: she's finally ran in!!  (Read 2129 times)

steppy78

• Marshall
  • Personal BHP 0
she's finally ran in!!
« on: June 23, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »

At last its finally ran in, opened her up today what an animal!!
akrapovic can & link pipe, pcv, pazzo's, tail tidy,
r&g, double bubble,

neil

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 12
Re: she's finally ran in!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »

sweet mate mine is now a year old and I love it. Nearly 6000miles on the clock and thats with a 5 month winter lay off
Take it easy
Neil

SRADChris46

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »

Not really sure i understand the reason behind following the running in schedule...its not like you can ride it like a saint until 1000 miles and then caine it...if anything, thats a hell of alot worse than caining it from day 1
ASV levers 4 sale...pm me.
Black shorties with red adjusters.

zx10r-Alan

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 18
  • Living the dream in Catalunya
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:58:50 PM »

Not really sure i understand the reason behind following the running in schedule...its not like you can ride it like a saint until 1000 miles and then caine it...if anything, thats a hell of alot worse than caining it from day 1
Generally speaking, an engine (car, bike, truck) which is thrashed from new will perform better, produce more power, but not necessarily last as long and one which had an easy life.
Biker-friendly self-catering accommodation in Cataluña, España
http://www.goodlifefarm.es/

steppy78

• Marshall
  • Personal BHP 0
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »

didnt run it in by the book exactally but tried to keep it around the figures they suggest most of the time, never went through the gears in the higher rev range untill it had done a 1000mls, just going to change oil and filter now then should be ok hopefully
akrapovic can & link pipe, pcv, pazzo's, tail tidy,
r&g, double bubble,

SRADChris46

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 5
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:50:49 PM »

Generally speaking, an engine (car, bike, truck) which is thrashed from new will perform better, produce more power, but not necessarily last as long and one which had an easy life.

I already know this...

But i dont understand why people religiously follow the book...a few of my mates do...

It wont do you any good to follow the book, you will end up with a slow motor. modern engines are so well built now that you can easily caine them straight out of the crate. Just make sure that first service is done. In fact, i'd change the oil myself after a few runs.
ASV levers 4 sale...pm me.
Black shorties with red adjusters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.