ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slipping off my rear sets......  (Read 1826 times)

robbosliding

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
  • Technology Will Triumph Over Skill!!!
Slipping off my rear sets......
« on: December 03, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »

Does anyone have any magic tricks to stop your feet slipping off your rear sets. I have had this problem a couple of times in the wet. I have Gillies rear sets, they have a knurled peg. I wear Alpinestar boots which have a plain but slightly rubberised instep. I was considering glueing a softer rubber skin onto the instep. The problem is mainly when wet and I have found the problem at its worst when banked over, its the outside leg mid corner that is slipping off which has left me nearly falling off the bike into the inside of the corner......
Anyone got any simple remedies to this one :icon_scratch:?

arek PL

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 36
  • nie ma jak NINJA/ Birmingham
Re: Slipping off my rear sets......
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »

Does anyone have any magic tricks to stop your feet slipping off your rear sets. I have had this problem a couple of times in the wet. I have Gillies rear sets, they have a knurled peg. I wear Alpinestar boots which have a plain but slightly rubberised instep. I was considering glueing a softer rubber skin onto the instep. The problem is mainly when wet and I have found the problem at its worst when banked over, its the outside leg mid corner that is slipping off which has left me nearly falling off the bike into the inside of the corner......
Anyone got any simple remedies to this one :icon_scratch:?
i didnt have this problem with my standard ones. maybe your Gillies are set up wrongly? i dont know  :icon_scratch:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:09:27 PM by arek PL »
Triumph Tiger 1050 for zx10r-
replaced speed and fury for retired comfort ;-)

zx10manic

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 10
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 10:06:17 PM »

Could try scuffing up the rubber on the bottom of your boot as you ride along? Could grip a bit more then.

Shongololo

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 169
  • Bedmond, Herts
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 11:00:48 AM »

it sounds like the positioning is wrong. Mine outside foot kept slipping off when cornering so I moved them and sorted it :icon_thumright:

Brotherhood of the Elite. It's not who you are it's what you ride.
http://fullthrottledecals.co.uk

scooby

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
  • knowledge is power
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »

the giiles aren't the best in wet tbh (i had a few track related issues with them).

try a bit a non-slip tape on the ends. :icon_thumleft:

robbosliding

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
  • Technology Will Triumph Over Skill!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 08:48:37 PM »

I had the same problems with the standard pegs in the wet too. I wonder if is to do with the position of my foot. My inside foot when cornering is pretty much on the ball of my foot as is the outside foot. Its the outside foot thats going off. My stomp grips have reduced this as I grip more with my inner leg. I have to say Stomp grips are top kit and give another dimension to controlling the bike when cornering and braking.  Pity they don't make pegs  [whistle]

wedgiewolves

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 211
  • ELBOW DOWN -- FOLLOWED BY HEAD & BODY !
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 07:44:16 AM »

My harris ones are knurled and i had the same problem in the wet with my supertech boots i had to change my foot postion which sorted it and only took a couple of days to get used to it . I sort of use my ball part of my foot now andseems to work ok and keeps my toes off the floor aswell

Major

• Personal BHP 1
  • Nantwich,Cheshire
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 04:09:34 PM »

ive had same problem on my gilles r,sets and alpine star boots the only thing i tried and its worked is i bought sidi boots instead lol there a lot better the soles on the a'stars are really slippy it was my outside leg in corners aswell ,cud try roughing the sole up a bit with a sanding disc trouble is the knurled finish on the footrest is not as pronounced as some of the others on the market ive got different rearsets on the zx10 there really rough and trash your boots
[

fletch

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 13
  • colchester,essex
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »

I had this problem with the gilles sets too. I just went for a different foot position on the peg and it seemed to work. Just had to get in the habit of doing it every time
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries.