ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track/Race Question ..Wet Weather?  (Read 1388 times)

10R_fettler

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 7
Track/Race Question ..Wet Weather?
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »

scooby

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
  • knowledge is power
Re: Track/Race Question ..Wet Weather?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »

for a basic rule of thumb,back everything off 2-3 clicks,front and rear.

bigest advantage you can have in the wet is confidence and smoothness.when braking you have just as much (or very close) grip as you do on the dry,but only in a straight line,leave the trail braking for the dry.just be a little more progressive until the forks compress,and also on release,be a little more graduall(smoothness).

it is quite suprising how much grip there is,esp when on decent wet tyres,it's just having the confidence to tip the bike in.

obviously you cant be as aggresive on the power coming out of the bends,but again,in a straight line it's very close to the dry.

shrek 140

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 28
  • llandrindod wells/mid wales
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »

:iamwithstupid:

leave the preload alone and just adjust the comp and rebound, if your woried about the rear spinning up, go 1 tooth smaller on the rear. but like scooby say its all about confidence in the wet.

kev

10R_fettler

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 7
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »

Thanks both of you, it all seems logical advice. My brother's the rider and his confidence is sky high in the wet, I just want to always hand him a bike that he can put to good use. I'll have a starting point now when the weathers rubbish.  :icon_thumright:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 17 queries.