ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my GSXR11 that I had for 8 years  (Read 2754 times)

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
  • Near Chester - NorthWales
my GSXR11 that I had for 8 years
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:39:28 PM »

just thought I'd post a few pics of my GSXR that Dave used to have to try and keep up with  [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

It was a 1989 GSXR1100K and I sold it about 3 years ago, I owned it for around 8 and loved every moment on it, well except when the chain snapped, ooops and the run to Brands 220 miles each way with a dry headstock and a weave over 80 mph but I got there and back ok

It was all red/white/back when I bought it and after 6 years I decided that I wanted it to be blue so went and bought a load of junk form ebay and changed it to the blue un, well it kept me busy over a cold winter

hey there's me, I found that the polished casing was great for 'doing me 'air' I got sick of cracking mirrors  [rofl] [rofl]

It really was a great bike, never missed a beat and handled ok (well whats in a wobble now and then  :dontknow:   [rofl] [rofl])

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
Re: my GSXR11 that I had for 8 years
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »

nice mate.... not my cuppa tea as I have only really been into biking a few years... but I can see alotta love in there matey   :headbang:
Ride it like you stole it - or at least try

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 10:56:40 PM »

it was more about work than buying bits to bolt on, I enjoyed it loads and learned a lot too...........

You should try riding one, it'd put you off bikes for life  [rofl] [rofl]  the supercorsa's helped to keep it upright though  :icon_thumright:

GRNINJA

• Super Dooper
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 680
  • -ZX10R Ninja-
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 10:58:19 PM »

nah thats why I like the modern stuff mate fast a fook stop on a penny and like its on rails and looks like a beast to ... all I need in 1  :icon_thumright:
Ride it like you stole it - or at least try

Jon177

• GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 426
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 11:18:11 PM »

Nice Andy. I liked it in the red and white.

I like the hard as nails look of a newish sports bike rear end and no fairing and straight bars.

Andy J

• RIP - Keiron
  • Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 600
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 11:22:02 PM »

aye, I sold the red/white stuff and started again, well after 6 years of pretty much the same you get bored don't you  :dontknow:

It was nice and fast enought too and was quite modded so a one off really

must admit that I did really like it but always wanted a newer bike........ then a few years after it went I got the 10R and wow what a bike  :icon_thumright:

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 09:11:25 AM »

just thought I'd post a few pics of my GSXR that Dave used to have to try and keep up with  [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

It was a 1989 GSXR1100K and I sold it about 3 years ago, I owned it for around 8 and loved every moment on it, well except when the chain snapped, ooops and the run to Brands 220 miles each way with a dry headstock and a weave over 80 mph but I got there and back ok

It was all red/white/back when I bought it and after 6 years I decided that I wanted it to be blue so went and bought a load of junk form ebay and changed it to the blue un, well it kept me busy over a cold winter

hey there's me, I found that the polished casing was great for 'doing me 'air' I got sick of cracking mirrors  [rofl] [rofl]

It really was a great bike, never missed a beat and handled ok (well whats in a wobble now and then  :dontknow:   [rofl] [rofl])

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Yeah it was a neat bike mate. Do you want my 11?

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

KEIRON10R

• The 10R Doctor
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 262
  • www.roadsafetyuk.com
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 09:30:04 AM »

it was more about work than buying bits to bolt on, I enjoyed it loads and learned a lot too...........

You should try riding one, it'd put you off bikes for life  [rofl] [rofl]  the supercorsa's helped to keep it upright though  :icon_thumright:

Very nice job Andy,  and your right it is all about the work we do on em, thats what make them our own and gives self satisfaction bro. :icon_thumright:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 22 queries.