ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Donnigton wasnt the only wash out at the weekend  (Read 2040 times)

zxr750boy

• Personal BHP 5
Donnigton wasnt the only wash out at the weekend
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:12:43 PM »

First trackday after my bikes back  on the road. last friday .........Cancelled cause of the huge down pour  DOH!!!!!!  and No refunds or rebooks which i thought was a bit off. My wee bro was meant to be doing it on his 848 but couldnt make it. The trackday was meant for ducati's ( organised by ducati glasgow but there wer a few kwaks and others up to cause trouble.
Even managed to get in front of them all........ although just in the pits
Did think about making a few ducati electrics...starting.....rain jokes....... but there was more of them than there was was of me  [rofl]

silky22

• smooth as silk
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 150
  • MUST GO FASTER stoke
Re: Donnigton wasnt the only wash out at the weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »

[wall]  gutted for ya buddy  :icon_thumright:

zxr750boy

• Personal BHP 5
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:23:56 PM »

:occasion14: Hopefully  going to the ron haslam race school next month will make up for it  :glasses9:

scooby

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
  • knowledge is power
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »

did you get any track time as i'm sure they should give you something if not  :dontknow:

angus zx10r

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 15
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »

:occasion14: Hopefully  going to the ron haslam race school next month will make up for it  :glasses9:

You'll enjoy the Ron Haslam race school it was a top day out when I went there. Got lucky and there was an odd number so I got 1 2 1 tuition very helpful... :icon_thumright:

zxr750boy

• Personal BHP 5
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:33:10 PM »

Nope none.

They wanted to wait for standing water to clear but it was only a 2 hour track evening and the water wasnt clearing quick enough in between the heavy rain that was passing over.

They offered to stay later to see if it would clear  but no one seemed to want to wait it was already gettin on a bit

zxr750boy

• Personal BHP 5
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:36:30 PM »

Ho

You'll enjoy the Ron Haslam race school it was a top day out when I went there. Got lucky and there was an odd number so I got 1 2 1 tuition very helpful... :icon_thumright:

how did you get on what was it like..... any body famous there g/f looking forward to seeing leon lol....He's not working that weekend apparently haha

angus zx10r

• Rookie Racer
  • Personal BHP 15
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »

I went a few years ago and it was really good well worth the money as your not putting your bike or kit in jeopardy...

Leon was there tutoring with a few other racers but most of the instructors are good ex club racers, Ron was giving pillion rides that were lapping faster than most people on track :shock: they realy are in whole different league...

There were 3 x 15min sessions all following an instructor then for the last session he followed me. I got lots of advice and encouragement after each session. There are cones out for breaking, turning in and apex which makes learning the track really easy. At the end of the day just go as fast as your comfortable with and have fun :headbang:

Oh and don't do what I did and bin it at Goddards on the last corner of the last lap [whistle]

davemfox

• Super Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 291
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 11:02:42 AM »

Yeah Anglesey was the same on Sunday...

Dave
1993 YZF 750 SP (in PINK/white as a homage to AndyJ)

zxr750boy

• Personal BHP 5
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »

LOL..... oh dear....heres hoping for anindian summer.
Do you have any pics of your yzf sp dave i used to have one of those to
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.