ZX 10 R Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome ZX10R Ninja Owners!!!!!
Front Page Here
Can all new members that haven't posted please read the admin and announcement page for the forum rules.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Block Off Plates  (Read 2093 times)

Gengis

• Pit Crew
  • Personal BHP 0
Re: Block Off Plates
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 08:50:14 PM »

i am led to beleave that in the top of the cam cover under the plates are 2 read valves that only work in to the engine, and then feeds air through the head to the exhaust ports, the conection on the air box feeds the electric valve then through to the head. the engine breather is on the block not cam box.

Chrisblack10r

• Global Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 172
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »

was advised by a very reputable and honest tuner the reason for popping is the ecu is programmed to over fuel on over run so to stop the bike from lurching forward so much when throttling off

my 04 popped like made with stock fueling and akra end can, this was fixing with a pc3 and map

my 08 pop's like mad but at the mo is stock fueling map and akra full system

HTH in some way

Volkswagen Master Technician with an 08 zx10r with 181.4 BHP at the back wheel hahaha!!!!!

tony83

• Mr. HAYATE
  • Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 71
  • Windsor - Berkshire
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »

no there is no way for it to dump air or fuel into the exhaust,

it is just oil vapor that rises through the plates on top of the cylinder head, then this is stucked into the air box and burnt in the engine, this is part of the reason some modern superbikes use oil.

i thought the reeds were one way, air from airbox into exhaust ports to burn off unused fuel to lower emisions and protect catalyzer (fuel damages it)
the one into the back of the airbox (with bit of foam in) is the crankcase breather where oil vapours from engine go into airbox to be used/burnt up....
//http//: [insert/quote/here]

chriswillis

• Club Racer
  • Personal BHP 31
  • Northampton
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:17 PM »

Just for those that are lost following this thread....I TOO, DO NOT UNDERSTAND!  :icon_thumright:
One life - Live it!

Chrisblack10r

• Global Moderator *VIP*
  • GP Hero
  • Personal BHP 172
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »

this advert needs tidying up lol

think a proper thread needs to be started and leave this advert to sell his bits

Volkswagen Master Technician with an 08 zx10r with 181.4 BHP at the back wheel hahaha!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.